Friday, August 7, 2009

Yardville School graduation 1941

After attendig Yardville Heights School for the first 6 years, we were transfered to the new Yardville School to attend 7th and 8th grades. The new school was nice and we got bussed which most of us thought was quite grown-up. Anyway, I still have a photo of the graduating class.

Here is identification of thepeople in the class photo.





The names of the class were also in a news article.


I also gave a speech as President of the 8th grade class. I don't remember how it was recieved nor how I delivered it. I am sure no one except my parents kept any record of it. My Dad was very good in keeping mementos of the things his children did. His files of information about me have been interesting to read and bring back long forgotten successes and some failures. At any rate here is a somewhat faded copy of the speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment